Frequently Asked Questions - Home Coverages

These are general coverage guidelines, please refer to your Policy for the actual Coverage Definitions and Exclusions. The Policy makes the Final Determination on Coverage's.

Click the Question to open and close the Answer.

What does Homeowner’s Insurance cover?

Homeowner’s Insurance covers damage due to things such as fire, theft, and vandalism to your covered home.  Please refer to your Policy to determine what Coverage’s and Exclusions are on your policy.  There is also Coverage for any adjacent structures like a garage or shed and your personal contents. Living Expenses for Temporary Housing while your home is being repaired.  Liability Coverage for you or a member of your household who are liable for injuries to another person or damages their property.

What is used to calculate Homeowners Premiums?

Homeowners Premiums are calculated based on many factors including but not limited to protective devices (smoke or burglar alarms), distance to a fire station and geographic location of your home.  Your Insurance Score and Claims History also are used to calculate your Premiums.

Is there anything I should do after a Loss?

After a Loss, your first priority should be the safety of your family members and others who may be on or near your premises.  Pay particular attention to any damages that may cause injury to someone else. Things such as downed power lines, any structural damage, and building collapse should be made note of and keep people away to prevent any injuries.


Do what you can to prevent further damage to your home. 

Notify your Emergency Responders and find a safe place for you and your family to move to.

Is Water Backup Coverage and Flood Insurance the same?

Water Backup Coverage covers if water comes into your home from the ground, such as a damaged Sump Pump or drain that overflows.


Flood Insurance provides protection from direct loss due to overflow of inland or tidal waters. Flood Insurance is administered by The Federal Insurance Administration under FEMA(Federal Emergency Management Agency). Payment for losses due to Flood are paid for by the Federal Government.

What is Reasonable Repairs?

Reasonable Repairs means that the Insurance Company will pay to repair a covered property to prevent it from further damage. The damage must have been due to a covered peril, such as fire, windstorm, hail, etc. The Policy will determine what is a covered peril and any exclusions.